What is ProctorU?
ProctorU is a live online proctoring service available 24/7 that allows students to take exams from anywhere using a webcam and Internet connection. This service uses live proctors who monitor exams by observing the the student (via webcam) and their computer screen in real time.
- Exams are administered in Canvas or SofTest/ExamSoft. Before your exam, confirm with your instructor which service the exam will be in.
- If are taking your exam with SofTest, make sure that it is installed on your computer, and that you understand how it works prior to the exam date.
- Please watch the videos and read the information below if you are planning on using ProctorU.
how proctoru works
Watch the video below to understand how online proctoring works at ProctorU.
In order to be successfully proctored by ProctorU, you will need the following:
- A PC or Mac that meets the minimum technical requirements. (Tablets and Chromebooks are not supported) Click here for more information
- A Web Camera
- A microphone (Some Web Cameras have built-in microphones) Be sure to test your microphone prior to utilizing ProctorU’s services.
- A wired internet connection of at least 1.5Mbps download and 1Mbps upload. Wireless connections are not recommended as they may be unstable.
- One of the following compatible web browsers: (Click links below to download)
- The following plugins for your web camera:
Please use an Ethernet/wired connection cable to reduce the chances of being disconnected during the exam. We strongly suggest not using a wireless connection as they are not as stable.
Follow the steps below before you take a test with ProctorU.
1. Perform a system check by clicking here.
- You will receive a summary report of their system resources .See image below.
- If there is a failure, you will need to have the failure corrected before moving forward.
2. Visit ProctorU.com and click the blue “Login” button located in the top-right corner of the main page.
3. Schedule the exam date and time.
- If you've already registered with ProctorU, simply sign in with your credentials.
- If not, create an account by clicking the New user? Sign up here link and fill in the requisite information
- Be sure to use a valid e-mail address and phone number where you can be reached while taking an exam.
- It’s best to schedule your exam in advance as it greatly affects the price of the exam
4. Submit payment.
30 Minutes or Less
181 Minutes or More
|*A $5 surcharge will be applied for exams scheduled less than 72 hours in advance.|
(Be sure to have a valid credit card available.)5. Sign Proctor Agreement.
- Visit ProctorU.com and log in using your username and password
- Once logged in, select the “Schedules” link.
- Search for the scheduled exam and click the link to be connected with the proctor.
- Follow the directions of the proctor to begin the test.
Students should be prepared to provide the following for testing with ProctorU:
- Be prepared to show photo ID
- Be prepared to answer security questions
- Be prepared to grant the proctor access to your computer
- The testing room must be properly lit
- A reflective surface such as mirrors, CD’s, DVD’s, allowing the proctor to see the edges of the monitor being used for the exam
- Be prepared to provide a 360 degree view of the testing environment
How to download softest for a proctoru exam
- Visit ExamSoft.com/utnursing and log in to the section titled “Exam Takers” with your ExamSoft username and password.
- If you’ve forgotten your username and password, click the “Lost UT ID or Password?” link in order to retrieve it.
- Once logged into the “Exam Taker” section, click on the “SofTest” tab at the top of the page.
- Follow step 1 in order to verify that your PC or Mac meets the minimum requirements
- If your system meets the requirements, click the “Download button” under section 2 “Install & Register SofTest”
- View the Panopto recording for “Taking an Exam” in ExamSoft by clicking here.
- For Technical Support with ExamSoft: Visit http://support.examsoft.com/ or call 866-429-8889
- For Technical Support with ProctorU: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (E-Mail) or call 925-273-7588