What is ProctorU?
ProctorU is a live online proctoring service available 24/7 that allows students to take exams from anywhere using a webcam and Internet connection. This service uses live proctors who monitor exams by observing the the student (via webcam) and his/her computer screen in real time.
- Exams are administered in Canvas, however, before your exam, confirm with your instructor which service the exam will be in.
- Please watch the videos and read the information below if you are planning on using ProctorU.
Online Proctoring: how it works
In order to be successfully proctored by ProctorU, you will need the following:
- A PC or Mac that meets the minimum technical requirements. (Tablets are not supported) Click here for more information
- A Web Camera
- A microphone (Some Web Cameras have built-in microphones) Be sure to test your microphone prior to utilizing ProctorU’s services.
- One of the following compatible web browsers: (Click links below to download)
- The following plugins for your web camera:
Please use an Ethernet/wired connection cable to reduce the chances of being disconnected during the exam. We strongly suggest not using a wireless connection as they are not as stable.
Follow the steps below before you take a test with ProctorU.
- Perform a system check by clicking here.
- You will receive a summary report of their system resources. See image below.
- If there is a failure, you will need to have the failure corrected before moving forward.
Visit proctoru.com and click the blue “Login” button located in the top-right corner of the main page.
Schedule the exam date and time.
- If you've already registered with ProctorU, simply sign in with your credentials.
- If not, create an account by clicking the New user? Sign up here link and fill in the requisite information
- Be sure to use a valid e-mail address and phone number where you can be reached while taking an exam.
- When registering it’s best to schedule your exam in advance as it greatly affects the price of the exam, also, select a time as close to the designated exam time as possible. For example: If your instructor suggests an 8:30am exam and there are no 8:30am slots open, then register for 8:40am or the next available time closest to the exam time. If you do not see a time slot open, check back later. Please be aware that your exam time might take place earlier than the on-site exam.
As of Novemeber 1, 2017
Submit payment. (Be sure to have a valid credit card available.)
Sign Proctor Agreement.
30 Minutes or Less
181 Minutes or More
|*A $5 surcharge will be applied for exams scheduled less than 72 hours in advance.
- Visit ProctorU.com and log in using your username and password
- Once logged in, select the “Schedules” link.
- Search for the scheduled exam and click the link to be connected with the proctor.
- Follow the directions of the proctor to begin the test.
Students should be prepared to provide the following for testing with ProctorU:
- Be prepared to show photo ID
- Be prepared to answer security questions
- Be prepared to grant the proctor access to your computer
- The testing room must be properly lit
- A reflective surface such as a mirrors or cell phone.
- Be prepared to provide a 360 degree view of the testing environment
If you lose connection to your exam session, conctact ProctorU's support group at 855-772-8678 or